Saturday, October 2, 2010

Swiss Chard - Love It!

Swiss chard is beginning to pop up in all the right spaces in rows at our farm.  And this is just about my favorite way to prepare Swiss Chard (compliments of Cookiemag.com)


Swiss Chard from last years garden.

Recipe:
1 bunch of Swiss Chard - washed and drained.



Trim the leaves from the stems and roughly chop the leaves and pat them dry.

Then, in a large skillet saute 2 cloves of minced garlic in olive oil. I use a liberal amount of olive oil, but use what you'd like.

Boil water for linguine (or spaghetti) and cook a good amount al dente - then set it aside.

Next, sprinkle red-pepper flakes into the oil and garlic and saute for about 1 minute.



Add the chard and saute until it's wilted - then remove it from the heat. 

Now, add the pasta. Toss with salt and pepper and then - the fun part - toss a handful of grated Parmesan.

Serve and watch the eyes begin to smile.

If you like you could serve some baked chicken pieces with this - I generally don't. Just a big plate of this along with my home made whole wheat bread.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I made this with your swiss chard for dinner and had a terrific meal. I tossed some toasted pine nuts in at the end, they always seem like a natural to me with chard.

Lylah Ledner said...

Thanks Peter....I love the pine nut idea and will add them the next time. Thanks for being a loyal fan of The Simple Farm.

We appreciate you!