Sunday, August 18, 2013

Some Like It Raw - Raw Goat's Milk - Crow's Dairy Rocks

When Michael and I decided to add dairy goats to our little farm, Rhonda was one of the first women I'd talked to. I remember getting an education about buying healthy goats. I took notes and still have that notebook.

There's lots more to the story of our relationship with Wendell and Rhonda - but I'll just say - we are so so happy to be on the list of those who get to carry the goat dairy products from Crow's Dairy. . . especially the amazing raw milk!


OUR GOAT STORY
I blogged about our goat story here.

A BIT ABOUT GOAT'S MILK
If you have kids - and they get a cold - typically you need to stop giving them milk to drink - it adds to the mucous. My understanding is 'not so' with goats milk because it does not cause phlegm like cow's milk does. Check out this read on the Dairy Goat Journal.  Goat milk has 13% more calciums, 25% more B6, 47% more vitamin A and 27% more selenium. It produces more silicon and fluorine than any other dairy animal. Silicon and fluorine can help prevent diabetes.

GOAT MILK MAGIC
I blogged about this now hard to find book...Goat Milk Magic here.

No comments: