Thursday, November 3, 2011

Autumn Harvest Soup


I'm into soups. And, I'm always looking for new, yummy soup (healthy) recipes. So, if you have some, send them my way. Either email me or post them in the comments section.

I just found this one off of Leeks and Bounds Blog. I'll definitely make it.

Autumn Harvest SoupServes 4-6
1-2T olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, smashed or minced
6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2-3 carrots, cut into rounds
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed and crushed
1 15oz can kidney beans
1 15oz can pinto beans (or, any combo you like)
1 bunch kale or chard, chopped
Grated
Parmesan cheese, to tasteSalt + Pepper to taste

In a soup pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add the onions and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant then . . .
Add chicken/vegetable stock
Add carrots, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes
Add tomatoes (crush them up with your hands first), beans and chard/kale
Bring to a boil, cover and cook until chard/kale is wilted, about 5 -10 minutes
Ladle into bowls, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on grated Parmesan

No comments: