Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cooking With A Solar Oven

With all this sun we have in Arizona it's not hard to harvest the sun and cook with it.  A few years ago Michael and I invested in a Solar Oven and I've had success roasting chicken and beef, baking bread and making cookies in it.

Every chicken and beef came out moist.  Sun cooking maintains all the natural juices which you can use to make stock/broth for soups.

In all honesty, it's been awhile since I've used my sun oven and just writing this blog post makes me feel a bit guilty - I have no excuse.

The benefits are incredible - just think about harvesting the sun and its natural energies let alone lower your gas/electric bill.  Double dipping is what I call it.

Let's see . . . what should I cook in the sun oven?

Below is a little video I did awhile back . . .



No comments: